Stone Gables Estate is home to the Harrisburg, Lincoln & Lancaster Railroad which features a replica of an 1868 steam locomotive, pulling replicas of the 1848 Pioneer Coach and the 1865 presidential private car, “United States,” which was used as Lincoln’s Funeral Car.
Passengers get an opportunity to ride the train through the center of the 275-acre Stone Gables Estate, passing hand-cut and stacked original stone wall through the woodlands with 250 to 350-year-old “witness” trees along the rail line. The line was chartered in 1885 as the Harrisburg, Portsmouth, Mt. Joy & Lancaster Railroad. Construction for this line was completed in 1838. It was sold in 1860 to the Pennsylvania Railroad.
· COMMEMORATE 155 years since the Lincoln Funeral Train crossed the Stone Gables Estate property
· SEE the world’s only full-scale, operating replica of Lincoln’s Funeral Coach, “United States”
· HEAR a steam train whistle, cannon fire, and Civil War era music
· COME aboard the period-correct passenger car replicas on the Harrisburg, Lincoln & Lancaster Railroad
· EXPERIENCE presentations, demonstrations, and exhibits by Civil War re-enactors and historians
· TOUR the historic Star Barn Village and Ironstone Ranch . . . and much more